We have an exciting opening for a Project Estimator. The ideal candidate will possess a previous background in commercial construction projects in the Fort Collins area.
ALL ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Project Estimator Coordinates with the Senior Project Estimator or project estimating manager in the assignment of project-related responsibilities to Estimating/Pre-construction Staff including the preparation of a Project Team Assignment Sheet. Plans and communicates to the project estimating team, in cooperation with project Estimating Manager, the vital goals of assigned projects in a project kick-off meeting using a prepared agenda based on the Project Kick-off Meeting Checklist.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Quantifies, analyzes, and disseminates, to project estimating team, the detailed project program (i.e. work breakdown structure, room counts, functions, areas, etc) during a project kick-off meeting.
• Prepares, in advance, an agenda for all project team meetings and holds to the agenda during the meetings.
• Directs, with the cooperation of Document Control staff, the distribution of project documents and vital project information to appropriate members of the project team and outside resources
• Reviews, interprets, quantifies, accurately estimates the cost, and critically analyzes the work described in the project documents.
• Identifies and mitigates project-related risk.
• Coordinates, directs, and follows-up with project estimating team to ensure timely completion of tasks associated with assigned projects.
• Coordinates with Logistics and Mechanical Electrical Managers to accomplish vital project goals.
• Solicits, collects and critically analyzes Subcontractor/Vendor budgets, bids or quotations associated with assigned projects or packages.
• Reviews and verifies Scope of Work and pricing (Subcontractor Analysis Sheets) of other project team members when acting as project lead estimator.
• Uses accepted templates for the preparation of estimates and clarifications, analysis of bids, calculation of alternates, and other tasks.
• Presents the project scope of work, estimated costs, risks and opportunities to management during the final review of assigned estimates.
• Participates in the presentation of proposals, budgets, etc. to clients and prospective clients.
• Coordinates the delivery of appropriate project files for assigned projects to Operations Staff during a project turnover meeting using the Turnover Meeting Agenda and Checklist.
• Participates and coordinates participation of the project estimating team in the buyout process with operations.
• Creates professional, accurate reports and correspondence related to this position including project clarifications, cover letters, transmittals, client and subcontractor correspondence, inter-office correspondence, e-mail, etc.
• Completes all required paperwork for bids or proposals (such as bid forms, bonding requirements, etc.).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Blue Ridge Executive Search
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at email@example.com
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.