Superintendent _ Fort Collins
Do you feel as if you are not working to your full potential? We are currently seeking a Superintendent in the Fort Collins Area that excels when working with a dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be a key force in driving our client’s initiatives to the next level. If you want to feel as if you are part of the “bigger picture” then we want to talk to you.
- Participate in the marketing effort by making contacts, maintaining a network of possible clients and project leads.
- Participate in presentation and proposal preparations constructability into the process.
- Participate in determining sequence and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
- Participant in one external industry organization
- Understands and communicates to all field personnel the owners goals regarding construction.
- Maintains positive relationships with the owner and architect throughout the project(s).
- Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction Process
- Participate in the Constructability review
- Assist in the management of the Pre-Construction schedule.
- Have involvement in the estimate
- Insure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the safety support personnel as a resource. Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
- Lead on-site safety meetings.
- Review the trade contractor’s safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to safety personnel.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Understand the contract between and the owner.
- Understand project estimate and budget set-up.
- Understand trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
- Prepare, manage and update the detailed project schedule with sequence and activity duration including procurement items.
- Establish the punch list process and close-out procedures.
- Schedules and procures tools and equipment necessary for the project.
- Mentor and train other employees as necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisor capacity
- Project experience within ground up multi family, large project, and wood-frame construction is a MUST
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, excel, and basic technology
- High School and completion of Vocational School a plus, College degree preferred
- 8 to 10 years related experience or equivalent role (Commercial, Higher Education and Health Care construction experience a preferred)
- Familiar with construction management software such as, Prolog, MS Project, Excel, Sure Trak,
AutoCad, a plus for use with scheduling, spreadsheets, and cost control.
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
- Value Engineering and life cycle costing.
- Team player with field supervision, project management and company administration staff.
- Safety standards knowledge and enforcement
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations.
Self starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
Blue Ridge Executive Search
5218 Brevard Rd
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.