PROJECT MANAGER-DENVER, COLORADO
Essential Job Function:
The activities of the Project Manager will include duties related to certain aspects of preconstruction and pricing efforts, permitting, and planning, and all duties related to construction project management aimed at increasing project throughput effectiveness. The Project Manager is
self-managed, self-motivated, a self-starter, able to exercise considerable independent judgment,
employ exceptional analytical skills, and communicate clearly and effectively. The Project Manager
is well organized, a problem solver, must have a positive, client-focused attitude, can multi-task with ease and is results driven.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following areas while reporting to the Director of Construction, Executive Manager: Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Work with Superintendent to create a master schedule, including pre-construction and
· Using the master schedule, review the project assignments with the Superintendent and
Project Engineer, including the team assignments and responsibilities.
· Read and interpret the project Contract Agreement, Plans, Specifications and Addenda.
· Post Addenda to the Plans and Specifications
Review Scope, Pricing & Schedule with Subcontractors & Suppliers
Finalize Subcontracts and Purchase Order Documents
Rework Estimate into Buyout format
Request subcontractor bonds, if applicable
· Work with Superintendent to procure all items needed to complete the project
· Prepare for preconstruction meetings (in-house and client meetings)
· Obtain Certificate of Occupancy Requirements and needs from local municipality
· Work with the Superintendent to review all Submittals and Shop Drawings
· Cost: Buyout and risk analysis, review bonds, payment terms, contracts, etc.
· Expectations: Show a passion for the project. Set High Expectations – know the strengths
and weaknesses of the team. EXPECT SUCCESS!
· Generate RFI’s
· Prepare: Change Orders, CCD’s, COR’s, Submittals, ASI’s & Correspondence
· Draft Monthly Owner Applications for Payment
· Prepare Budget Adjustments
· Provide Monthly Financial Reports to Management
· Record Subcontractor & Supplier – Pay Applications
· Attend all Construction Meetings – Take meeting minutes as required
· Work with Superintendent on Long-lead Delivery Schedule
· Verify all subcontracts have been issued and executed
· Review the status of all submittals, ASI’s and RFI’s on at least a weekly basis.
· Review, code and approve the project payables (including subcontractors, material
invoices, etc.), monthly cost reports and change orders.
· Provide a monthly, or as requested, overview of the project cost, schedule and
relationships to senior management.
· Weekly reporting to Client and Management on project status
· Effectively use the Sage project management reporting system;
Review closeout schedule with the Project Engineer and the Superintendent.
· Cost: Final job-cost analysis, final Client Application for Payment.
· Relationships: Review the project with the Client, including closeout procedures and Client
· Expectations: Review Client/Company expectations. Reinforce the definition of success.
Prior to final walk through with Client – do a punch list with the Superintendent and the
Project Engineer. Demand success – do not accept failure!
Final Project review:
Review/reinforce positive gains on the project.
· Generate pre-final Punch list – Pre-walk the jobsite with the superintendent and the
· Schedule Final Walk-Through
Schedule Start-up & Training
· Obtain Client Sign-Off on the Punchlist
· Generate Letter of Substantial Completion
· Confirm contract values with the subcontractors
· Closeout bond(s) and obtain final bond(s) invoice(s)
· Finalize the contract value with the Client
· Send Consent of Surety to the Client, if applicable
· Deliver Certificate of Occupancy to Client
· Apply for retainage from Client
· Provide final Application for Payment to Client
· Close all contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
· Provide final cost report to Management
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Blue Ridge Executive Search
5218 Brevard Rd
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at email@example.com
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.