Hiring: MEP Manager- Denver, CO
Seeking an MEP coordinator with at least 5 years of commercial mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction experience. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, low voltage system, and fire sprinkler scopes of a project(s). The MEP coordinator will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for estimating support, subcontractor bid reviews, scheduling, project logistics, and constructability reviews as it relates to MEP systems.
• Support both pre-construction and the project team in reviewing trade partners estimates and costs as it relates to design changes
• Manage the owner-architect interface in the planning and installation of the following systems: electrical, HVAC, automation, plumbing, process piping, low voltage systems fire/life safety, and fire protection design/construction coordination (validated and non-validated systems).
• Participate in review of all MEP related shop drawings and submittals
• Assist in the development of full commissioning plans for all MEP systems that identify and define the following: all test requirements, required inspections, factory start-up of major equipment, factory acceptance testing, project and vendor documentation requirements, and integrated test plans demonstrating full system operations.
• Oversee coordination of MEP systems through the project virtual design and construction process. • Responsible for onsite construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the start-up, balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems, including owner training and project closeout.
• Develop and oversee project specific MEP quality and safety programs, including leading safety cause mapping for post MEP safety events
Qualifications The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong grasp of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering concepts and applicable codes.
• Able to work with multiple stakeholders to identify and resolve complex issues as it relates to MEP design and construction
• Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees, issue minutes promptly and follow up with participants for deliverables.
• Good understanding of fire/life safety and fire sprinkler systems and the integration of same with mechanical, electrical, building systems
• Good understanding of the test and balance process and requirements
• Good understanding of building automation systems and sequences as it relates to MEP
• Good understanding of MEP related safety regulations
• Ability to contribute to a culture of safety in a construction environment
• Proficient in the use of current virtual design and construction software
• Experience with CPM scheduling and lean pull planning processes. Knowledge in the use of Primavera P6 is preferred
• Proficient computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Bluebeam
• Comfortable in an open and collaborative working environment
• Excellent listening, communication, and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to create and support a positive team environment
• 5+ years of experience as a MEP manager
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
What’s in it for you?
Upward mobility within a growing company
Blue Ridge Executive Search
5218 Brevard Rd
Etowah, NC 28729
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be considered for this role.