The Electrical Superintendent will lead the effort in coordinating, scheduling, and managing the electrical trade and their associated subcontractors. Will work with the project team to ensure successful completion of all electrical work. Reports directly to the Director of Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take overall responsibility for the performance and quality control of all electrical practices.
• Fluency and familiarity of all contract documents..
• Prior to installation, review shop drawings and submittals for compliance and completeness.
• Participate in the cost review and change order process as it relates to electrical project. Assists the Project Manager as necessary in estimating change orders.
• Review all pay requests from electrical subcontractors and ensure that they are proper and timely.
• Provide scheduling input to the project team as it relates to the trade.
• Coordinate onsite activities, materials procurement, and other related activities with Project Manager and Field Staff.
• Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed and requested.
• Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of field installation issues.
• Coordinates the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the trade.
• Monitors the installation and start-up of systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner. • Coordinate and manage the owner training process.
• Manage the close out process for the trade.
Education - Skills - Knowledge -Qualifications & Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in Construction/electrical experience
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• Strong grasp of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and low-voltage systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, but not necessary
• Experienced dealing with subcontracts and subcontractors
• Navisworks, Revit, and Autocad skills are a plus