Must have construction accounting experience.
The Staff Accountant /Office Manager will lead companies finance and human resources areas (HR).
The Accountant /Office Manager must have construction experience managing finance (accounting, cash flow, budgeting, control, analysis, and reporting) and HR, in a construction environment with 2-10 years of broad finance experience. Experience ideally includes audit, followed by construction experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate with the management team on all operational issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the owners based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis. Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the management team.
- Participate in long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Heath Steel's strategic plan.
- Engage with the executive team to align financial management with short and long-term financial planning and projections.
- Engage with the executive team around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model and operational delivery. Financial and Operational Management
- Participate in budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
- Ensure that staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monitor the use of all funds.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for funding organizations and executive team; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
- Coordinate and oversee all attest and tax activities.
- Evaluate and participate in all benefits negotiations, thus providing the most competitive packages for employees.
- Review all formal finance- and HR- procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward.
- Study, analyze and report on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future company growth.
Experience and Attributes:
- A minimum of a BS and CPA/CMA; an MBA would be a plus.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the chief executive of a multi-state and network-based entity.
- Demonstrated experience in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Skilled in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial, HR, and technology policies and procedures.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
- A hands-on leader with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Strong commitment to developing team members.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for the organization's mission is essential
Great opportunity to work for one of the top construction companies in the Northern Colorado market.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Collins, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)