The MEP Superintendent handles all onsite related project processes including construction design & engineering, and provides expertise in all phases of mechanical, electrical, plumbing & fire suppression construction work. Must have working experience with NY Dept of Buildings & residential hi-rise experience managing projects $100+million, and maintains thorough working knowledge of applicable code & local requirements. Excellent knowledge of construction craft activities, cost control schedules & safety is mandatory.
Skills / Experience
- Develops pricing templates for MEP & fire suppression work with the assistance from supervisor.
- Responsible for the ongoing updating of the MEP & fire suppression databases and cost models.
- Maintains MEP & fire suppression systems budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take-offs, negotiating & budgeting from plans & specs.
- Develops for conceptual projects a detailed narrative of conversations with engineers/assumptions used in developing the budgets.
- Performs value-engineering analysis.
- Provides input to scheduling for definition of work activities, duration of activities & man loading.
- Evaluates changes & subcontractor change order estimates relating to MEP and fire suppression subcontract work
- Demonstrates expertise in MEP issues in relation to construction design, engineering & construction processes.
- Minimum 5 years of construction management/MEP related and/or craft supervision.
- 4 year degree or equivalent technical training or related experience.
- Proven jobsite knowledge & performance
- Ability to work independently while working in a strong team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work to accommodate deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency and working experience in Microsoft Office Platform.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Salary 175k-250k