The Project Executive provides overall leadership and direction on the construction project. Involvement and executive oversight will be primarily within the company's core markets, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, local government, and multifamily. Additional responsibilities will include pursuing and overseeing work within the private sector with existing clients and new clients. The Project Executive will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and participate in the monthly management meetings and establish company policies. In addition, the Project Executive will work closely with Project Teams, other Executives, and Directors within the company.
Some specific responsibilities include the following:
- Management of all Project Team members (Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, and Project Coordinators) for projects under the Project Executive Jurisdiction. Project Teams could range from 3-9 employees.
- Provide guidance in the development of project planning, including staffing requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility, and equipment needs.
- Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner’s expectations regarding budget, schedule, and quality as well as profitability objectives are met or exceeded.
- Assist and review the Pre – Construction phase of assigned projects and advise the project team of changes and impact on the project budget.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the contracts and ensure the project team is knowledgeable.
- Champion job site safety efforts, motivate the team for implementing and complying with safety regulations.
- Mentor, train, and coach staff to perform to or exceed company standards.
- Responsible for cost control/billings/collections/change management/monthly status reports.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders of the projects, and key point of contact with Owner and Architect.
- Directly accountable for Company and Project specific financial planning to enable accurate projection of cost and profitability.
- Responsible for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and client satisfaction.
- Actively participate in business development initiatives with the ultimate goal of procuring future projects and clients to maintain the company’s backlog. Project Executives are encouraged to reference and utilize their industry contacts and existing relationships to support business development.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management , Engineering or related field with 15 + years of experience as a Project Manager / Executive role, preferable within company's core markets.
- Experience leading multiple successful project teams, including development of direct reports and maintaining relationships with external entities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Solid & capable of understanding of building processes and systems.
- Exhibit proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog, CMiC or similar), accounting cost management software (CMiC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience in the multifamily and hospitality markets is preferred to support Pirtle’s initiative of pursuing work in these markets.