The Construction Manager will provide construction management for predominantly commercial retail projects that include; site development, ground-up builds, building remodels, building expansions, and tenant improvements. Working in a flexible and fast-paced environment, the Construction Manager will primarily support the Legacy Acquisitions & Development team and will also support projects across the leasing, property management, foodservice, and other divisions.
● Collaborating with and assisting the real estate department in assessing new site feasibility for acquisitions and development in the due diligence phase
● Designing and constructing new ground-up builds, relocations, building expansions, and tenant improvements
● Composing, and updating, all budgets and expected timelines for all site development, new ground up builds, relocations, expansions, tenant improvements and special projects
● Owning all aspects of the pre-construction process, including site diligence, hiring relevant third-parties, communicating with the municipalities, etc.
● Communicating effectively with management on construction progress, timelines, and budgets
● Partnering with internal leasing team to review and negotiate landlord work letter lease language for landlord work
● Negotiating with, retaining and managing architects, inspectors, engineers, general contractors and any other specialist involved in the construction process
● Overseeing architect in the timely preparation of accurate construction documents
● Coordinating designs and scopes of work with internal and external stakeholders
● Supervising the application process for all permits and approvals while managing relationship and timeline with the city
● Coordinating landlord general contractor items being performed for/on tenant's behalf
● Improving construction-related processes such as internal communication, software used, due diligence processes, and budgeting
● Visiting job sites on an as-needed basis during construction to ensure on time completion, budget cost control, accuracy and quality of work
● Coordinating project turnover, completion of punch list items and project close out
● Reviewing and authorizing pay applications from contractors
Education and Experience:
● 3-5 years’ experience in real estate development with a focus on construction management and owner’s representation
● Ground up, retail, healthcare and/or restaurant experience, preferred
● High School Diploma required, College degree preferred Qualifications and Skills:
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Comprehensive Project and Construction Management skills
●Attention to detail
● Communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and feedback from managers, customers, vendors and company leadership
● Negotiation skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Knowledge of national building, fire and accessibility codes
● Familiarity with leases and lease terminology
● Strong aptitude for establishing and maintaining professional relationships
● Solid working knowledge of Google Suite, Drop Box, MS Office Suite, etc. or ability to learn these and other software quickly (CAD/Revit experience would be a bonus)
This is an “in office” position based at the Brentwood, TN home office. The successful candidate will live in/near or be willing to commute to or relocate to/near the Brentwood office.
Email resumes to email@example.com for consideration.