View all jobs
QA/QC ManagerNew York City, New York · Construction/Facilities
Must have construction experience!!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Refine and maintain the company written QA/QC Plan.
- Conduct new hire training on the key aspects of the QA/QC plan, as well as periodic recurrent training for existing employees.
- Meet with every project team to ensure they have a project specific QA/QC plan in place at the beginning of the project. Provide assistance as needed. At a minimum the plan should include / require:
- Preconstruction meetings with each subcontractor
- Subcontractor QA/QC plans
- Mock ups of key components
- First day inspections of each trade’s work
- Pre-planned phase inspections
- Waterproofing and roofing inspection/testing
- Deficiency tracking and notification
- Punch-list process
- Owner turnover procedures
- Warranty hand-off
- Periodically audit the program for each project to ensure compliance and effectiveness. Provide a written summary of the results of the audit to the General Superintendent.
- Facilitate a handoff meeting from operations to warranty, ensuring the punchlist is complete and accepted prior to initiating the warranty reporting and tracking system
- Periodically solicit feedback from the Warranty Department for the purposed of evaluating the effectiveness of the QAQC program.
- At the end of the warranty period, facilitate a post job review with operations and warranty. Document performance of both, and share any lessons learned.
- Provide similar services to the companies Self Perform Services group.
What’s in it for you?
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general construction practices and techniques, construction document reading, and construction means, methods and materials.
- Knowledge and experience with residential construction, particularly the punch-list, turnover and customer service process.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and database management tracking tools such as Latista.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement