Senior Estimator_ Colorado Springs_ Colorado
This is a full-time position based out of our Colorado Springs office. The primary purpose of the Senior Preconstruction Manager/Senior Estimator is to lead and manage the preconstruction phase and bid process on assigned projects. The Senior Preconstruction Manager/Senior Estimator reports directly to the Chief Estimator or President depending on specific projects.
- Coordinate with estimators, junior estimators, designers, operations management staff, and owner’s representatives for coordination of preconstruction services to deliver projects at the lowest reasonable cost in compliance with contract documents and quality measures.
- Prepare accurate project cost estimates at all phases of the design process based on the nature and extent of the scope of work.
- Review design documents at all stages of design to determine both the nature of scope and work to be performed.
- Coordinate with the preconstruction and project teams to provide constructability reviews during all phases of design
- Participate in OAC pre-construction meetings. Manage the preparation of documents and meeting minutes for pre-construction meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate with the preconstruction and project teams to produce and maintain detailed preconstruction schedules during all phases of design.
- Lead the research process of subcontractor pool for assigned projects out of typical market.
- Ensure adherence to subcontractor prequalification requirements prior to the award of any subcontract
- Create and maintain subcontractor bid documents
- Perform and/or manage the subcontractor pre-bid meetings as well as the preparation of documents and meeting minutes for pre-bid meetings
- Perform subcontractor post-bid interviews to vet out subcontractor proposals, scope, and labor force before subcontract award.
- Create detailed client proposal document(s) and accurately depict project scope to owners and project stakeholders.
- Coordinate and lead the project hand off process from the preconstruction department to the operations department to ensure project information is being transferred properly
- Support business development by maintaining client and industry relationships, offering technical expertise and advice during the entire timeline from opportunity, to pursuit, execution of awarded contract, and as needed during construction.
- Interface with municipalities to establish project-specific requirements; create and maintain relationships with permitting departments, local Fire Department, etc.
- Attend and participate in company business meetings, industry events, and conferences to promote company in and around its target markets.
- BS or MS in Construction Management, Estimating, Architecture, Engineering, or other industry related degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable estimating or construction management experience
- Candidate must have no more than 2 employers in 5 years and no more than 3 employers in 10 years.
- Experience with commercial construction projects with project costs from 1 to 10 million minimum, 1 million to 60 million preferred.
- Experience with managing design, estimating, and project management with CM/GC and design/build projects
- Proficient with scheduling, estimating, and bid solicitation software and ability to proficiently learn software systems (Timberline, iSqFt, PlanSwift, Modelogix, Modeling Software.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word/Excel)
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability to manage multiple/competing priorities.
- Process strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to assist in managing the entire preconstruction process
- Effective presentation skills.
- Team focused with initiative to work individually on specific tasks
- Disciplined work ethic.
- Service attitude.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Salary range for this position is $90-115K, commensurate with experience.
Blue Ridge Executive Search
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 3 weeks per year of PTO once accrued at 2.31 hours per week, beginning at time of employment
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2), Christmas
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible the first month after six months of employment. Company match is 100% of the first 4% of salary (and bonus). Employee deferrals and company match are 100% vested.
- Short/Long Term Disability – eligible the first month after six months of employment.
- Fiscal Year End Bonus – Normally 0-15% of annual salary dependent on profitability of company and individual performance. First year bonus will be prorated based on months of service.
- Vehicle Allowance
- Potential Relocation Allowance
5218 Brevard Rd
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at email@example.com
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.