We have an exciting opening for an Senior Estimator
. The ideal Candidate will possess a previous background in commercial projects in the Denver area. We are looking for candidates with 8-10 yrs of estimating experience.
ALL ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Estimator
coordinates with the Vice President of Estimating. Plans and communicates to project estimating team, in cooperation with project Estimating Manager, the vital goals of assigned projects in a project kick-off meeting using a prepared agenda based on the Project Kick-off Meeting Checklist.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Quantifies, analyzes, and disseminates, to project estimating team, the detailed project program (i.e. work breakdown structure, room counts, functions, areas, etc) during a project kick-off meeting.
• Prepares, in advance, an agenda for all project team meetings and holds to the agenda during the meetings.
• Directs, with the cooperation of Document Control staff, the distribution of project documents and vital project information to appropriate members of the project team and outside resources
• Reviews, interprets, quantifies, accurately estimates cost, and critically analyzes the work described in the project documents.
• Identifies and mitigates project related risk.
• Coordinates, directs, and follows-up with project estimating team to ensure timely completion of tasks associated with assigned projects.
• Coordinates with Logistics and Mechanical Electrical Managers to accomplish vital project goals.
• Solicits, collects and critically analyzes Subcontractor/Vendor budgets, bids or quotations associated with assigned projects or packages.
• Reviews and verifies Scope of Work and pricing (Subcontractor Analysis Sheets) of other project team members when acting as project lead estimator.
• Uses accepted templates for the preparation of estimates and clarifications, analysis of bids, calculation of alternates, and other tasks.
• Presents the project scope of work, estimated costs, risks and opportunities to management during the final review of assigned estimates.
• Participates in the presentation of proposals, budgets, etc. to clients and prospective clients.
• Coordinates the delivery of appropriate project files for assigned projects to Operations Staff during a project turnover meeting using the Turnover Meeting Agenda and Checklist.
• Participates and coordinates participation of project estimating team in the buyout process with operations.
• Creates professional, accurate reports and correspondence related to this position including project clarifications, cover letters, transmittals, client and subcontractor correspondence, inter-office correspondence, e-mail, etc.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement