Would you like to work with an Architectural Firm that brings a sense of history and tradition into their designs all while living in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina?
One of our top clients in the Greater Asheville area is seeking a Project Architect to join their team. Could this be you?
About This Opportunity
You will work with some general guidance and direction from a Senior Designer or Architect as needed. You will be developing elevations, sections, 3D renderings, and architectural details for projects. You will be assisting with innovative and creative new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Need to be Successful!
- Coordinate all aspects of the project and estimate the scope of work. Prepare strategic plans for project success
- Supervise the preparation and check for any discrepancies in contract documents
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client's budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, and sub-contractors.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by contractors, and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages collections.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal’s in Charge on multiple projects.
- Thorough understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team, and contractor.
- Effective negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or 5-10 years of related field experience.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
- No Certification Required
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
- Fieldwork may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
- Creative working environment
- Team That Truly Loves their work!